If you are interested to create a modern commercial office design you will have to look into installing glass partitions in your office, conference rooms and cubicles. This design encourages flow of natural light and sense of transparency at the workplace. In addition, it creates a “stress free” environment for you and your employees. The trend now days for commercial office design is increasingly being used at co-working workplaces, both big and small across the globe.
Should you install glass partitions?
If you are creating a new office space you should strongly consider installing glass cubiclesfrom Doors22. It is the most feasible, quick and easy to install system. Glass cubicles and conference rooms are the latest trend followed by offices across the globe. Studies revealed that the average office sizes since the last decade has shrunk significantly by approximately 30%. This trend tends to coincide with interior glass meant of offices and its rising popularity when renovation and construction is concerned.
According to the industry experts, demountable interior glass offers great flexibility to property managers and owners. Installing them allows easy reconfiguration of the office space without much hassle or wasting time to accommodate tenant shifts or manpower. A few glass systems are designed to permit information to be projected or written on them. This only helps to promote and strengthen workplace connectivity. Moreover, being durable, interior glass requires very little maintenance when compared to a drywall.
Know the different types
Glass can be incorporated into conference rooms in various ways. You need to select a reputed, reliable and experienced company that offers and installs glass cubicles, partitions and slides. They should enjoy excellent reviews from past customers and known to offer superior quality interior glass walls. The five types are as follows:
• Folding & movable glass partitions
• Freestanding glass walls for conference rooms
• Conference room frameless glass walls
• LCD smart privacy glass
• Modular partition system
You can come across glass rooms in various sizes and shapes to meet your specific preferences and requirements. You can find easily different sized options like:
• 12×12 glass room
• 10×10 glass room
• 8×10 glass room
• 8×8 glass room
• 6×8 glass room
• 5×8 glass room
What expenses to bear to install glass at my workplace?
There are different factors that tend to determine the cost of installing glass at your workplace. Experts consider that frameless glass partition average price varies around $25 – $75 / sq. foot.
Please refer to our homepage where we publish standard size prices – https://doors22.com/.
Know the pros & cons of installing glass at the workplace
You need to take into consideration lots of aspects before making the final decision to select glass rooms for your office. First, focus on a few potential pitfalls and benefits to derive from its installation.
Pros of installing glass conference room in your office
• Energy savings
• Promotes more natural light
• Increased transparency
• Encourages open communication
• Less secrecy
• Provides better view of outdoors, on installation of glass windows
Cons of installing glass rooms at the office
• More distractions
• Reduced privacy
• Display feeling all the time
• Private conversation not possible
• Increased noise levels not allowing focusing on task in hand.
• Chances of walking into glass are more if not noticed on time.
• Lacking regular doors
Benefits of glass partitions in details
Lots of confusion and debate can be found concerning the disadvantages and advantages offered by glass partitions. Some managers feel that the highest efficiency at office can be achieved only by segregating teams. This can help avoid distractions and disturbances caused by other teammates. There are others who feel that installing glass partitions help promote interactive and lively ambiance thereby helping to derive optimum productivity. Some of the benefits offered are given below:
• Flexibility: It is one of the major benefits to be derived with the installation of glass office partitions. The room having traditional problems will not allow much of changing its existing layout to something preferred. Even if it does, it might prove to be costly and a tedious job. But glass partitions can be demounted effortlessly and can be moved to another place with ease. It is an amazing feature to have if you desire additional space or include a new segment within your office. Besides being easy, demounting the glass partition also does not incur any extra expenditure. It is possible to alter the office space layout periodically based on the prevailing circumstances and needs.
• Enhanced productivity: Glass partition installation in offices does help promote increased employee productivity. They are aware that their performance is scrutinized continuously by their seniors. Hence, to earn the rewards and perks, they put in their best efforts at all times. They are also noticed to be more diligent and sincere in their work. Clear glass panels discourage lazy employees in the office and boost accountability. This, in turn, contributes towards enhanced productivity levels. Glass partition installation also reduces noise pollution significantly. This is because some quality glass partitions are designed to be sound proof, thus reducing distractions while improving overall productivity.
• Efficient: With glass partitions allowing easy penetration of natural light from outside, dependence on electric lighting can be minimized. Besides saving precious money, it also allows protecting the environment. Thus, they are proven to reduce your company’s footprint while increasing energy efficiency.
• Easy maintenance: It is easy to maintain and clean glass partitions. Window cleaning solution that is commonly available in the market is sufficient to wipe the dirt, dust and stains off the glass panels. You are recommended to use microfiber cloth to ensure having a clean looking, treated glass panels.
• Privacy: It is wrong notion that employee privacy cannot be maintained in the office premises by installing a glass partition. Frosted treatment offers similar open plan feel. It ensures flow of natural light within the conference room, but without compromising privacy.
• Improved lighting: Workplaces these days have become small and lack natural light. This only results in staff fatigue caused by reduced workplace energy. Allowing natural light to flow through the glass panels ensures improved employee morale and health.
Installing the glass conference room at the office is sure to bring in lots of benefits. You should consult a professionals to ensure safe and correct choice and installation. Please call our office today – (305) 394-9922.