What do you get when you cross German engineering with Italian style? Stylish looks and world-class performance in a refined system that lasts for decades!
Some say that the closet is just a storage room but many see it as a necessary decorative element which may not be overlooked. When visual appeal is considered, the sliding glass closet doors do offer much more to the eye then your ordinary wood frame painted doors. The glass doors can make the space to appear chic, unique, luxurious, stylish and modern, as well as allow the light in while offering variety of the glass and frame colors. We believe that our doors will definitely enhance the overall aesthetic value of your home.
About glass closet doors
You can come across custom options that are indeed a wonderful addition to the bedroom closet. Such closets do offer the room with elegance and spacious look. If you prefer well-arranged closet, then you should stop your selection with clear glass. In case, you are disorganized and messy, then you hide your clutter using milky, tinted, frosted, smoked, patterned or etched glass panes. Glass sliding doors are best selected with 2-3 horizontally sliding panels. You may consider investing in hinged glass doors opening in both directions and outwards. However it will occupy more space and hence, not suitable for small rooms! Double doors are excellent choices for those walk-in large closet spaces. They go well with metal or wood frame. On the other hand, elegant glass doors for the wardrobe will suit any décor. It is easy to maintain as well as clean glass doors. It is for this reason, people prefer to invest in this type of sliding door for their wardrobe or closet.
Mirrored closet doors
They are among the popular choices when closet design is concerned. They provide the bedroom with high end clothing store or fancy boutique feel. The closet front when installed with a full-length mirror can free up the wall space to accommodate paintings, art, clocks and hangings. It also allows you to get a complete view of the apparel you are wearing. This type of closet door also helps your dim, small room to appear much brighter and larger. It bounces natural light all over the space, thereby creating visual balance. You can come across mirrored doors in various styles, sizes and personalization choices. You may also select from numerous edge profiles. Its stylish nature is what allows you to use them at different areas in your home. Elegance of glass might compel you to select if to install in your wardrobe doors. Doing so adds style, grace and light to your home.
Tips to hang a mirror the right way
You need to place the mirror in a position that it will transform the room effectively, thus making it appear larger and brighter. However, hanging a mirror is likely to be challenging task. Following some expert advice will help hang your mirror securely in the desired room. For this you will require the given-below tools and accessories:
• Wall hardware/anchors/screws
• Tape measure
• Multifunctional stud finder
• Screwdriver, etc.
Things to consider
• Mirror weight: It affects significantly the hardware amount and type that is used for hanging purpose. You may find the weight mentioned on the packaging. Otherwise, you can get a bathroom scale to weigh it. An anchor will be essential to hold in place heavy mirrors like a stud created in the wall.
• Wall type: This is something that you need to take into consideration. Is it a drywall, plaster, concrete or brick wall? To determine having drywall or plaster, lightly poke the wall using a tack.
• Drywall anchors: These are sheaths that are inserted within the wall. Drive a screw into the anchor, thus expanding its sides. It will stay in place quite firmly.
• Correct hardware: Check packaging while investing in hardware meant for hanging glass closet doors. It will specify the wall type that the fastener will be suitable for and the drill bit size required. You can expect mounting hardware to be provided with your newly purchased mirrors.
• Sheetrock wall hangers: These are hooks, meant to be used on difficult surfaces such as brick wall and concrete blocks. Its plastic hook tends to attaché with the wall using small metal nails pounded within the wall surface.
• Toggle bolts: They are generally used on plaster. There is inserted a winged nut via the pre-drilled hole. Spring-loaded wings open up, thereby offering a base. It also prevents pulling out the screw. Brackets are used to hang unbacked heavy mirrors while monkey hooks are useful to hang the heavy mirror.
• Locate studs: If the mirror is to be hung on a drywall, then it should be installed directly on the wall stud’s top part. These are wood’s vertical pieces attached to the drywall sheets. You can locate wires, pipes or studs in the area by using multifunction stud finder.
Once the above steps are complete, find if out if the mirror can be hung. For this, turn over the mirror and find out if hooks or hanging hardware is already installed or not. Otherwise, attach it by yourself.
Steps to hang the mirror
• Visualize the end result to derive the desired placement.
• Mark a straight line below the bottom edge of the mirror. Maintain level in proper place like straightedge. Along top level, draw light pencil line to indicate mirror’s bottom edge position after hanging it.
• Find out distance between hanging point top edge and mirror’s bottom edge using tape measure.
• In case mirror has single hanging point, then measure from mirror side to hanging point center.
• If the mirror back has two hanging points, then take masking tape piece. Lay it across two hooks on mirror back in horizontal position.
• Follow manufacturer installation to ensure correct installation.
• Hang the mirror and check for leveling and placement.
You can find glass closet doors and mirrors in various styles, colors, sizes and shapes. They are decorative, versatile objects. When installed they can create a positive impact in the room. They also work fabulously with any design. In case, you find it complex, you can take professional assistance.
Several stylistic differences exist between contemporary and traditional home designs. Using available space is considered to be the biggest one. Traditional homes were more walled off, with each room providing that segmented feel. You may find a doorway even if there is absent a pocket or hinged door. During the 1970s, open-concept floor plan became popular where walls were broken down. Homeowners across the globe still seem to be interested in this plan. Home office today is found to intermingle with the living space and kids’ toys invading almost every room. The desire is fast growing among some homeowners desiring to retrieve some separation in their home styles. If this is what you seek, you can derive an amazing solution by opting for interior sliding doors.
Benefits installing sliding glass room dividers
Such glass doors tend to combine the very best of contemporary and traditional floor plans. Keeping open the doors can enable deriving the open concept. You may close them to enjoy separation and privacy, but without getting that closed-off home feel. Such design flexibility does offer myriads of advantages to your home’s interior.
- Enhanced flow: Such doors when installed can save precious space, thereby improving flow within your home. There is no need to worry about people bumping into doors as they enter the room.
- Configurable space: The more time you spend in your home, it will require frequent changes to ensure enlivening the space. With time, a bonus room can be converted into a craft room, gaming room, toy room, office or bedroom. You may use the custom sliding internal door to split one room into two or divide them into room rooms. This way, you may come up with necessary adjustments in the existing floor plan, thereby meeting specific spatial requirements.
- Improved lifestyle: Doing some research will help you to come across different types of sliding doors that can fit perfectly your style. Using recycled wooden doors can help add some rustic aesthetic. Modern farmhouse feel can be derived by using barn wooden doors. However, if you seek openness as well as improve natural light, then you should opt for patio doors. They offer similar benefits within the home similar to what is offered on the exterior wall. It offers beauty, style and functionality. Several features also exists that can be selected to fit seamlessly the interior design.
- More natural light flow: The typical traditional homes are found to have more number of windows in almost all the rooms. Modern interior design combined with contemporary style feature unobstructed, larger windows or glass walls. Natural light might not be able to reach the home’s interior parts or perhaps, lighting might be imbalanced. This is more so if plenty of light is present on your home’s south-facing side and quite little on its opposite side.
Therefore, by incorporating a superior quality sliding glass doors rather than a wall or solid doors will benefit immensely. Natural sunshine can enter your home more freely.
Top ideas on sliding glass room dividers
You may assume the sliding glass interior door to be a see-through, movable wall. Then imagine the place where you can place them. Such doors when placed carefully can help unite as well as divide rooms. Countless ways can be used to use them strategically. They can connect or break up the living space as desired. Some of the top ideas are given below:
- Pair two parallel glass sliding doors: Seamless transition can be created by incorporating patio doors between outdoors and indoors. Running two parallel to one another can help open up more space in the home, thereby creating free-flowing space. This will allow sunshine to flood through the sliding glass door to reach even the corners of the rooms.
- Using sliding glass doors to separate the sunroom: The sunroom or three season room can be applied with similar concept. Sliding glass doors can be installed in the sunrooms while others may have thee window walls. The interior sliding glass door can be kept open in different seasons to access easily the sunroom. Be it excessively hot or cold, doors should be closed to preserve precious energy efficiency. It also helps maintain the sights while natural sunlight fills up the three season room.
- Private space to play or work: Constructing a bonus room in the basement or first floor will prove to be useful in various ways. You may use the door as a separator. Installing a handle will allow your bonus room to be converted into a private playroom for your kids. Thus, you can ensure that your children do not get hurt or injured as they play. You may also convert this room as your home office and effectively shut out noise.
- Divide the large room: You may use a single room for various purposes. However, partitioning an open, large room with lots of furniture will only make it appear clunky and crowded. It is likely to disrupt the flow. Using dividing sliding doors can help split this big room into two rooms, thereby creating natural separation.
If you are looking for elegant options, then multi-slide doors are the right choice. They can help derive a unique dining rooms carved from the open concept kitchen. Your floor plan also derives optimum flexibility. Close the room completely. Place just a couple of closed panels or simply tuck the doors within their pockets to derive fully open concept plan.
Interior slide door installation
When solving design problems, you should come with some innovative thinking. Standard sliding glass door styles can be a wonderful choice. You may also consider availing professional opinion as well as installation. Several considerations are to be made for how and where to place the sliding glass door within the home. For instance, most walls are found to be load-bearing. This limits the interior sliding door placement and size. It is important to ensure that the door and wall offers your home’s structure with essential support. This may however, limit your available options.
Choose the sliding glass room divider wisely and make sure to get it installed by certified professionals to derive the benefits.
If you are interested to create a modern commercial office design you will have to look into installing glass partitions in your office, conference rooms and cubicles. This design encourages flow of natural light and sense of transparency at the workplace. In addition, it creates a “stress free” environment for you and your employees. The trend now days for commercial office design is increasingly being used at co-working workplaces, both big and small across the globe.
Should you install glass partitions?
If you are creating a new office space you should strongly consider installing glass cubiclesfrom Doors22. It is the most feasible, quick and easy to install system. Glass cubicles and conference rooms are the latest trend followed by offices across the globe. Studies revealed that the average office sizes since the last decade has shrunk significantly by approximately 30%. This trend tends to coincide with interior glass meant of offices and its rising popularity when renovation and construction is concerned.
According to the industry experts, demountable interior glass offers great flexibility to property managers and owners. Installing them allows easy reconfiguration of the office space without much hassle or wasting time to accommodate tenant shifts or manpower. A few glass systems are designed to permit information to be projected or written on them. This only helps to promote and strengthen workplace connectivity. Moreover, being durable, interior glass requires very little maintenance when compared to a drywall.
Know the different types
Glass can be incorporated into conference rooms in various ways. You need to select a reputed, reliable and experienced company that offers and installs glass cubicles, partitions and slides. They should enjoy excellent reviews from past customers and known to offer superior quality interior glass walls. The five types are as follows:
• Folding & movable glass partitions
• Freestanding glass walls for conference rooms
• Conference room frameless glass walls
• LCD smart privacy glass
• Modular partition system
You can come across glass rooms in various sizes and shapes to meet your specific preferences and requirements. You can find easily different sized options like:
• 12×12 glass room
• 10×10 glass room
• 8×10 glass room
• 8×8 glass room
• 6×8 glass room
• 5×8 glass room
What expenses to bear to install glass at my workplace?
There are different factors that tend to determine the cost of installing glass at your workplace. Experts consider that frameless glass partition average price varies around $25 – $75 / sq. foot.
Please refer to our homepage where we publish standard size prices – https://doors22.com/.
Know the pros & cons of installing glass at the workplace
You need to take into consideration lots of aspects before making the final decision to select glass rooms for your office. First, focus on a few potential pitfalls and benefits to derive from its installation.
Pros of installing glass conference room in your office
• Energy savings
• Promotes more natural light
• Increased transparency
• Encourages open communication
• Less secrecy
• Provides better view of outdoors, on installation of glass windows
Cons of installing glass rooms at the office
• More distractions
• Reduced privacy
• Display feeling all the time
• Private conversation not possible
• Increased noise levels not allowing focusing on task in hand.
• Chances of walking into glass are more if not noticed on time.
• Lacking regular doors
Benefits of glass partitions in details
Lots of confusion and debate can be found concerning the disadvantages and advantages offered by glass partitions. Some managers feel that the highest efficiency at office can be achieved only by segregating teams. This can help avoid distractions and disturbances caused by other teammates. There are others who feel that installing glass partitions help promote interactive and lively ambiance thereby helping to derive optimum productivity. Some of the benefits offered are given below:
• Flexibility: It is one of the major benefits to be derived with the installation of glass office partitions. The room having traditional problems will not allow much of changing its existing layout to something preferred. Even if it does, it might prove to be costly and a tedious job. But glass partitions can be demounted effortlessly and can be moved to another place with ease. It is an amazing feature to have if you desire additional space or include a new segment within your office. Besides being easy, demounting the glass partition also does not incur any extra expenditure. It is possible to alter the office space layout periodically based on the prevailing circumstances and needs.
• Enhanced productivity: Glass partition installation in offices does help promote increased employee productivity. They are aware that their performance is scrutinized continuously by their seniors. Hence, to earn the rewards and perks, they put in their best efforts at all times. They are also noticed to be more diligent and sincere in their work. Clear glass panels discourage lazy employees in the office and boost accountability. This, in turn, contributes towards enhanced productivity levels. Glass partition installation also reduces noise pollution significantly. This is because some quality glass partitions are designed to be sound proof, thus reducing distractions while improving overall productivity.
• Efficient: With glass partitions allowing easy penetration of natural light from outside, dependence on electric lighting can be minimized. Besides saving precious money, it also allows protecting the environment. Thus, they are proven to reduce your company’s footprint while increasing energy efficiency.
• Easy maintenance: It is easy to maintain and clean glass partitions. Window cleaning solution that is commonly available in the market is sufficient to wipe the dirt, dust and stains off the glass panels. You are recommended to use microfiber cloth to ensure having a clean looking, treated glass panels.
• Privacy: It is wrong notion that employee privacy cannot be maintained in the office premises by installing a glass partition. Frosted treatment offers similar open plan feel. It ensures flow of natural light within the conference room, but without compromising privacy.
• Improved lighting: Workplaces these days have become small and lack natural light. This only results in staff fatigue caused by reduced workplace energy. Allowing natural light to flow through the glass panels ensures improved employee morale and health.
Installing the glass conference room at the office is sure to bring in lots of benefits. You should consult a professionals to ensure safe and correct choice and installation. Please call our office today – (305) 394-9922.
There are several reasons for increasing popularity of glass office cubicles. Traditional office designs are noticed to be slowly fading away into history as entrepreneurs these days prefer fresh designs. They are more eager to experiment with bold things such as glass to promote more transparency at the workplace. The latest technology involving glass partitioning system, sliding glass walls and LCD privacy class are gaining prominence. Modern offices are found to lay emphasis more on collaboration than isolation. It also encourages natural light against those dreary fluorescents. Divided floors are giving way to open concept plans.
What benefits are derived by installing glass office cubicles?
Offices can now integrate the modern trends within their design with the installation of glass office partitions for conference rooms and cubicles. They do offer myriads of benefits concerning designing standpoint as well as to increase employee satisfaction and productivity.
• Flexible configurations: Most glass cubicle partitions are designed to be dismantled easily and effortlessly. This means, it is possible to reconfigure or remove them quickly as and when required without incurring additional costs. With employees and offices require desiring change, it does make complete sense to create an environment that can be changed occasionally. The modern office is one that allows greater flexibility. It should open up the area to accommodate large gatherings or fit a small group thereby providing private space. On the other hand, traditional cubic walls once installed, it is not possible to reconfigure them based on the needs. Moreover, their installation is quite expensive.
• Modern design options: The modern office should be customized to perfection and to meet specific requirements. Such feeling can be derived by installing glass cubicle partitions. They tend to create an open space, thereby encouraging better collaboration while allowing private spaces. But traditional cubicles only encourage isolation. The environment here rather inhibits collaboration as strict boundaries are created between the cubicle walls. By contrast, glass cubicles tend to develop an open flow, thereby allowing unrestricted view of the office. Glass cubicles are known to offer users with almost limitless options. It is virtually possible to install the freestanding systems just about anywhere without any difficulty. Frameless systems do help to create that modern look that cannot be otherwise derived from traditional framing materials. Flexibility is derived with modular systems since it is possible to reconfigure or install them quickly. Easy entry/exist can be derived with sliding glass walls. It also allows creation of larger space as and when desired. Most of them can also be demounted when required without having to spend a fortune on remodels or wasting precious time. Such options present allow easy and quick design customization to meet specific office and space requirements. Glass cubicles also are available with doors. For additional privacy, it may be provided with wood doors or other viable door options. It includes barn doors meant for the modern farmhouse touch as well as to provide easy access. For low maintenance option, it will be wise to choose automatic or assisted close doors. They also allow convenient entry/exit from the cubicle. For sleek option, choose pocket doors. They are an amazing selection for offices having premium space.
• Enhanced creativity: Typically, traditional office cubicles are gray or tan in color, thereby providing that drab environment, thereby reducing creativity and excitement. But glass office cubicles when installed are bright and vibrant. They help develop highly creative environment. When glass cubicles are concerned, there are custom designs to select form. They reflect brand values while allowing light to penetrate through the glass, thus promoting an aesthetically pleasing environment. Such places also encourage collaboration and creativity, something crucial to boost employee productivity and morale.
• Sustainable: It is quite obvious to have LEED credits in mind while trying to design a new, sustainable office. It is possible to earn LEED credits in different ways. One effortless way is to introduce daylight all over the office space. But natural light flow is hindered in traditional office cubicles. This means, employees working will not be able to get a glimpse of the outside world. Moreover, even light will not pass through the exterior windows, thus creating a dull, gloomy place. But glass cubicles are just the opposite. They promote natural light flow right into the office middle through external edges. LEED credits can be derived by allowing daylight to connect with employees. At the same time, it is possible to create a beneficial space to enhance employee overall well-being and mental health. Glass office installations have the potentiality to reduce significantly electricity costs. The reason is it allows flow of natural light, thereby not requiring artificial lighting and warming the place during cooler months. Glass cubicles enhance office flexibility, employee sustainability, productivity and mental health. This is irrespective of the chosen designs.
• Supports culture of collaboration: Employees are required to find out if their colleagues are present or not to derive support. This is what is experienced in the workplace that has installed traditional office cubicles. But glass cubicles are more open and allow everyone to view inside the cubicle effortlessly. This kind of environment promotes easy connect of employees with their colleagues, even as they work. Such unobstructed view permits employees to view if their colleagues are free to take in ideas, suggestions or questions. This particular culture does benefit the entire office and increases overall work productivity. Moreover, employees can be expected to have high morale all the time as they are confident of getting support whenever required. Increased interaction supported by glass cubicles helps develop a strong work culture, thus allowing free flow of valuable ideas.
• Creates a bold statement: It is crucial to create a visual statement right from the time clients and employees walks into the office. Such environment influences their mind positively, thereby developing a strong connection between clients, employees and the company.
To conclude – installing glass office cubicles at the workplace is indeed a viable and affordable option. They are flexible and sustainable, thereby creating an environment that can be easily changed as per circumstances and needs. It also creates an appealing visual statement while promoting creativity.