What do you get when you cross German engineering with Italian style? Stylish looks and world-class performance in a refined system that lasts for decades!
It is safe to assume that the world is always moving towards innovative ideas. From lanterns to solar lights, from boilers to furnaces and big wooden doors to sliding glass doors, people have modernized their homes and offices. Are you ready to level up your house? Are you ready to add property value? Then let’s take that next great step towards renovation and improvement of your old place. From saving space to saving bills through good insulation, sliding doors offer great benefits.
More Advantageous Than Anything Before
Remember the times when you had to transport heavy wooden doors and get them fixed with professionalism. Winters were a hazard when these wooden doors would get expanded and start squeaking. Well, the days of big wooden doors troubles are over. With innovation and modernization, sliding doors have brought great ease to the world. Wooden doors are not only heavy and hard to carry but also space taking. Sliding doors are fixed and hence easily solve space problems. Professional and expert sliding door manufacturers are now manufacturing lightweight sliding doors.
But what about the designs and color options that wooden doors offer? Well, we’ve moved on from creating simple and solid toned sliding doors. Professional manufacturers in the market are now offering a variety of color themes as well as designs for sliding doors. They make sure that the aesthetic value of these doors is maximized. Homeowners would install large ceiling to floor glass windows to enjoy the view outside and allow more sunlight to enter their houses. Well, sliding doors have now taken the approach a step further. Sliding doors can work not only as a partition between rooms and deck spaces but also as one between your shower areas and wardrobes.
These doors may be translucent or completely transparent depending on the design you are looking for. The aesthetic appeal offered by these doors is their most attractive value. Modern architectural trends equalize this innovation of doors. Their transparency not only allows more sunlight to enter the house but also brings in the scenery outside and makes your interior more attractive and satisfying.
Properties And Qualities
Companies are now offering lightweight sliding doors as well. These doors can be as light as your windows which makes their installation as well as usage easier. You might just wonder if that would decrease their durability? But some professional manufacturing companies offer you highly durable and strong sliding glass doors that are light in weight. From such executive companies, you may buy readymade glass doors or get your own custom-built ones. With changeable borders, you can add more designs to your sliding glass doors. Their smart designs make their installation and usage a lot easier. With the help of sliding glass doors, you get to make great usage of the space.
Insulation of your centrally heated and cooled offices, buildings and houses is a great issue. Various techniques/ hacks are used by people with wooden doors to try and maximize insulation. Sliding doors ensure proper insulation due to their design and fixed installation. Hence, you get to save on your bills too. Isn’t that just great! You get insulation, sunlight, space, durability and also designs, all through these sliding doors.
Especially in commercial buildings, where employees are more in number, glass doors help in offering a wider passage due to their greater width. This greater width of sliding doors also comes in handy when you have to move things from one place to another. They can be slid open as much or as little as you like. Hence, you get a chance to control the air ventilation in the house too. So, be ready to take your next great step towards innovation and get your sliding doors fixed.
Your closet is undoubtedly one of the most important as well as the most neglected place in your home. It helps store your expensive and casual clothes. But it might lack the appeal, design and style that you desire. For some people closets are the place to hide their messes. However providing the closet a chance can help it to shine. You can replace the standard doors with sliding glass closet doors. This way, your dull looking close will become glamorous and eye-catchy.
Reasons to invest in sliding glass doors
• Gives a modern look: When renovation is concerned, your closet might be the last thing you might consider. They also do require your attention. Upgrading them with a sliding door is sure to provide them with a sleek, modern look.
• Increased functionality: This is one of the most vital aspects to consider and should not be neglected. A dysfunctional space will mean finding it difficult to carry out even simple daily tasks. It is possible to increase functionality simply by installing sliding doors as it helps streamline the closet.
• Use recycled or repurposed materials: You may have some unused boards lying around that can be wonderful material for your new project. If you love DIY projects, then a sliding glass door for your closet should be the next in the adventure list. Besides glass, you can use recycled or repurposed materials. It will allow you to create something unique and beautiful.
• Saves precious space: With increasing population and real estate prices, living space is fast becoming limited. In case, you reside in an apartment or small house, then you need to make the most of what is available. Sliding door closet can help save ample room. Free space available before the door can be used to place furniture or store belongings.
• Unique: Glass sliding doors can help enhance your room. It can be beneficial for those desiring to rent the home and can help fetch a good amount.
• Easy access: It is human nature to get everything quickly as possible. Such things are not likely to be changed for some time. You may require quick access to your casual and favourite clothes. What if you are in a hurry? Glass sliding doors do offer easier access to your clothes. You just need to glide them open to take out the desired clothes and then close the door.
• Offers a much bigger appearance: A small space might not allow having a bigger closet. Sliding doors when installed are likely to ‘trick’ your eye. A larger door is used over the small frame, thus allowing you to derive the most from a small space.
• Stylish: It is without doubt that sliding glass closet doors do appear incredibly stylish. You can have this door just for aesthetics purpose. Such doors are visually appealing. They are sure to compel your visitors to take notice of its presence and praise you for your choice.
• Multiple options: These doors are available in wide range of choices and budget to choose form. Whatever be your style, you can come across something that fits your needs perfectly. You can find them in various designs, materials, like steel and wood besides glass.
• Offers more floor space: Spacious closets are a blessing for already overstuffed bedrooms. With regular hinged doors, it becomes essential to leave some space at the door front to allow it to swing open properly. However, with sliding doors, there is no need to worry since it simply slides opens. You can derive more floor space in your small bedroom. Thus, you can style your room as desired and not have to compromise for space.
• Maintenance & cleaning: Installing sliding glass doors means, you can stop worrying about having to put in lots of efforts to clean and maintain them. Doorknobs and hinges get rusted and wear out with time, thus requiring frequent replacement. Moreover, hinges might squeak thereby compelling you to oil it periodically. Sliding glass doors are free from such issues. Moreover, such door types are extremely effortless to clean. You just need to get hold of clean cloth piece and invest in a good quality glass cleaner. Generally, hinged doors are constructed from wood, thus making them tough to clean. They will require repainting job if there is noticed signs of wear & tear.
• Easy installation: Installing hinged door can pose to be a challenge at times. This is more so if the frame fails to fit perfectly within the opening. Chances are you might spend lots of time trying to sand the cutting so as to fit the frame correctly. You will not experience such hassles when installing slide glass doors. Rather for installation purpose, you require the glass door pair and a sliding bar.
• Mirrored-sliding doors: These are amazing options for those seeking to get multiple benefits. You can add mirror sliding doors to the closet, thus providing a more spacious look to your room. The extra-sized full body mirror can be a wonderful choice and you can spend quality time getting makeup. This way, the wardrobe can be used for storing clothes while the mirror allows you to style yourself. When sliding doors are concerned, you can get lots of materials to choose from besides glass. It includes walnut to oak sliding doors.
Your house does require periodical upgrade and renovation. You can plan to undertake most of the projects by yourself or consider hiring the specialists. Sliding glass closet doors are undoubtedly an excellent additional to your room and can enhance its beauty. Such doors are likely to replace the existing closet door, thus making it aesthetically pleasing. They are sure to add grace and elegance to your room without costing a fortune. Besides being aesthetically pleasing, they also offer myriads of benefits. A well researched choice is sure to make you happy and satisfied with the project undertaken.
Several stylistic differences exist between contemporary and traditional home designs. Using available space is considered to be the biggest one. Traditional homes were more walled off, with each room providing that segmented feel. You may find a doorway even if there is absent a pocket or hinged door. During the 1970s, open-concept floor plan became popular where walls were broken down. Homeowners across the globe still seem to be interested in this plan. Home office today is found to intermingle with the living space and kids’ toys invading almost every room. The desire is fast growing among some homeowners desiring to retrieve some separation in their home styles. If this is what you seek, you can derive an amazing solution by opting for interior sliding doors.
Benefits derived from installing sliding glass room dividers
Such glass doors tend to combine the very best of contemporary and traditional floor plans. Keeping open the doors can enable deriving the open concept. You may close them to enjoy separation and privacy, but without getting that closed-off home feel. Such design flexibility does offer myriads of advantages to your home’s interior.
• Enhanced flow: Such doors when installed can save precious space, thereby improving flow within your home. There is no need to worry about people bumping into doors as they enter the room.
• Configurable space: The more time you spend in your home, it will require frequent changes to ensure enlivening the space. With time, a bonus room can be converted into a craft room, gaming room, toy room, office or bedroom. You may use the custom sliding internal door to split one room into two or divide them into room rooms. This way, you may come up with necessary adjustments in the existing floor plan, thereby meeting specific spatial requirements.
• Improved lifestyle: Doing some research will help you to come across different types of sliding doors that can fit perfectly your style. Using recycled wooden doors can help add some rustic aesthetic. Modern farmhouse feel can be derived by using barn wooden doors. However, if you seek openness as well as improve natural light, then you should opt for patio doors. They offer similar benefits within the home similar to what is offered on the exterior wall. It offers beauty, style and functionality. Several features also exists that can be selected to fit seamlessly the interior design.
• More natural light flow: The typical traditional homes are found to have more number of windows in almost all the rooms. Modern interior design combined with contemporary style feature unobstructed, larger windows or glass walls. Natural light might not be able to reach the home’s interior parts or perhaps, lighting might be imbalanced. This is more so if plenty of light is present on your home’s south-facing side and quite little on its opposite side.
Therefore, by incorporating a superior quality sliding glass door rather than a wall or solid doors will benefit immensely. Natural sunshine can enter your home more freely.
Top ideas on sliding glass room dividers
You may assume the sliding glass interior door to be a see-through, movable wall. Then imagine the place where you can place them. Such doors when placed carefully can help unite as well as divide rooms. Countless ways can be used to use them strategically. They can connect or break up the living space as desired. Some of the top ideas are given below:
• Pair two parallel glass sliding doors: Seamless transition can be created by incorporating patio doors between outdoors and indoors. Running two parallel to one another can help open up more space in the home, thereby creating free-flowing space. This will allow sunshine to flood through the sliding glass door to reach even the corners of the rooms.
• Using sliding glass doors to separate the sunroom: The sunroom or three season room can be applied with similar concept. Sliding glass doors can be installed in the sunrooms while others may have thee window walls. The interior sliding glass door can be kept open in different seasons to access easily the sunroom. Be it excessively hot or cold, doors should be closed to preserve precious energy efficiency. It also helps maintain the sights while natural sunlight fills up the three season room.
• Private space to play or work: Constructing a bonus room in the basement or first floor will prove to be useful in various ways. You may use the door as a separator. Installing a handle will allow your bonus room to be converted into a private playroom for your kids. Thus, you can ensure that your children do not get hurt or injured as they play. You may also convert this room as your home office and effectively shut out noise.
• Divide the large room: You may use a single room for various purposes. However, partitioning an open, large room with lots of furniture will only make it appear clunky and crowded. It is likely to disrupt the flow. Using dividing sliding doors can help split this big room into two rooms, thereby creating natural separation.
If you are looking for elegant options, then multi-slide doors are the right choice. They can help derive a unique dining rooms carved from the open concept kitchen. Your floor plan also derives optimum flexibility. Close the room completely. Place just a couple of closed panels or simply tuck the doors within their pockets to derive fully open concept plan.
Interior slide door installation
When solving design problems, you should come with some innovative thinking. Standard sliding glass door styles can be a wonderful choice. You may also consider availing professional opinion as well as installation. Several considerations are to be made for how and where to place the sliding glass door within the home. For instance, most walls are found to be load-bearing. This limits the interior sliding door placement and size. It is important to ensure that the door and wall offers your home’s structure with essential support. This may however, limit your available options.
Choose the sliding glass room dividers wisely and make sure to get it installed by certified professionals to derive the benefits.
Tips to select custom glass wardrobe sliding doors within your budget. Perhaps, you are fascinated by glass wardrobe sliding doors and want to install one in your bedroom. You can find them made of different materials, design and prices. It is possible to customize the design to suit perfectly your room interiors.
Custom glass wardrobe doors cost consists of two parts, namely:
• Door cost – sliding or hinged doors.
• Wardrobe carcass cost (wooden box) excluding doors.
Why choose sliding door wardrobes?
Sliding glass doors are considered to be a popular option for wardrobes when compared to hinge doors. This is because, sliding doors are highly customizable. They can easily match your set budget and interior aesthetic requirements. You can come across a wide range of materials to choose form. With some innovative ideas, you can combine them to derive budgeted objectives and desired aesthetics.
What factors influence wardrobe sliding door cost?
• Decorative insert panels. They are fitted within the sliding door profiles.
• Sliding door hardware features and quality
• Siding door profile colors and surface finish
Know siding door profile colors and surface finish types
Generally three types are commonly used like:
• Powder Coated Aluminum / Steel Profiles: This coating type is generally applied the form of free-flowing dry powder. Electrostatic technique is used for applying the coating. Then it is cured under heat for skin formation. It is possible to carry out powder coating on aluminum and steel profiles. Both are however, susceptible to discoloration resulting from UV exposure as well as peeling off. This occurs if well process is not used.
• Electrophoresis Aluminum Profiles: It is rather an aluminum surface profile finish, also known as electrophoretic coating or e-coating. ‘Electrophoresis’ is stated to be the procedure to attain desired coating color. This is done by immersing aluminum profiles within an electrified tank comprising of the desired paint. This type of surface finish comes with amazing impact resistance and also popular due to its glossy finish.
• Hard Anodized Aluminum Surface Profiles: Anodizing is stated to be an electrochemical procedure to transform aluminum metal surface to durable, decorative anodic oxide finish. The profiles are adequately protected due to hard anodization and boasts of being scratch and higher wear resistant. It also is known to improve aesthetic qualities while offering a popular and durable surface finish. Such door profiles do come with an elegant and amazing looking MATT surface finish. Interior designers the world over recommend this type to their clients. Specialized factories fabricate and manufacture such superior quality sliding doors. You can also come across Hard Anodized Aluminum sliding doors in various exiting colors.
You need to undertake a thorough research on the above-given wardrobe sliding door profile variants. When comparing all the three, you are sure to find hard anodized aluminum profiles to be the very best. They give out that modern look while being manufactured from superior quality materials. Moreover, they are a bit more expensive than the other two. Hence, you need to understand your requirements, budget set and preferences before finalizing the type to choose for your home.
Custom glass wardrobe doors features and quality
Wardrobe sliding doors are known to use the following major hardware elements like:
• Soft close mechanism
• Bottom & top track rollers
Their cost is likely to vary based on the selected hardware features and quality. Hardware feature and quality is what determines the sliding doors’ durability and functionality features.
Soft Close Mechanism
Wardrobe sliding doors are provided with pneumatic soft-close mechanism to ensure sound-free and smooth door closing. Thus, it offers users with high-end product feel and also makes the door to last long.
Bottom & Top Track Rollers
Rollers are considered to be the very heart for sliding doors. Generally, they lie hidden within the sliding doors and hence, visually seen or even discussed. However, it is the rollers that determine the sliding doors’ functional life and smoothness. You should purchase customized glass wardrobe and closet doors only from reputed manufacturers. The reason, well-established manufacturers test their products in their R&D labs. They also specify the number of cycles it will last and be reliable.
Unique anti-jump features present in the rollers are what prevent it from emerging out of its track, thereby ensuring safety. The rollers are also offered with door height adjustment features to allow proper door adjustments. Thus differences arising in wardrobe floor levels combined with minor carpentry issues are taken care of.
Integrated lots designed in the wardrobe door are meant to offer the user with additional security. Such profiles are also popular used to create openable shutters.
Decorative insert panel
You can also find a variety of interesting decorative panel materials. You should get something that matches perfectly your aesthetic preferences and sliding wardrobe door design. Glass-based insert panels typically are quite expensive when compared to wood-based.
Mirror and glass-based inserts have become popular the world over. This is because of its easy maintenance and rich glass glossy feel. You can find mirrors and glasses of different designs and colors. They can be mix-matched to derive unique aesthetic designs.
Such panels meant for sliding wardrobe doors are categorized below:
• Laminated MDF
• PLPB (Pre-laminated Particle Board)
• Wood-based panels
• Copper mirror
• Gold mirror
• Bronze mirror
• Plain mirror
• Designer glass
• Colored glass
• Figured glass
• Tinted glass
• Glass having custom graphics
• Fluted glass
Generally, decorative insert panels get used along with innovative glass inserts to provide dramatic designs.
Glass sandwich panels
Fabrics and wallpapers are sandwiched in this type between two glass panels. Thus, it forms unique wardrobe sliding door designs. Different insert panels are also combined to derive unique expression.
Doing some research will help you to come across door patterns indifferent designs. There are easily available multiple door designs to choose from. Such patterns do provide the freedom to combine insert panel material of choice to match perfectly your desired aesthetic preferences. Also, you can be assured of getting custom glass wardrobe doors within your set budget.