Several stylistic differences exist between contemporary and traditional home designs. Using available space is considered to be the biggest one. Traditional homes were more walled off, with each room providing that segmented feel. You may find a doorway even if there is absent a pocket or hinged door. During the 1970s, open-concept floor plan became popular where walls were broken down. Homeowners across the globe still seem to be interested in this plan. Home office today is found to intermingle with the living space and kids’ toys invading almost every room. The desire is fast growing among some homeowners desiring to retrieve some separation in their home styles. If this is what you seek, you can derive an amazing solution by opting for interior sliding doors.
Benefits installing sliding glass room dividers
Such glass doors tend to combine the very best of contemporary and traditional floor plans. Keeping open the doors can enable deriving the open concept. You may close them to enjoy separation and privacy, but without getting that closed-off home feel. Such design flexibility does offer myriads of advantages to your home’s interior.
- Enhanced flow: Such doors when installed can save precious space, thereby improving flow within your home. There is no need to worry about people bumping into doors as they enter the room.
- Configurable space: The more time you spend in your home, it will require frequent changes to ensure enlivening the space. With time, a bonus room can be converted into a craft room, gaming room, toy room, office or bedroom. You may use the custom sliding internal door to split one room into two or divide them into room rooms. This way, you may come up with necessary adjustments in the existing floor plan, thereby meeting specific spatial requirements.
- Improved lifestyle: Doing some research will help you to come across different types of sliding doors that can fit perfectly your style. Using recycled wooden doors can help add some rustic aesthetic. Modern farmhouse feel can be derived by using barn wooden doors. However, if you seek openness as well as improve natural light, then you should opt for patio doors. They offer similar benefits within the home similar to what is offered on the exterior wall. It offers beauty, style and functionality. Several features also exists that can be selected to fit seamlessly the interior design.
- More natural light flow: The typical traditional homes are found to have more number of windows in almost all the rooms. Modern interior design combined with contemporary style feature unobstructed, larger windows or glass walls. Natural light might not be able to reach the home’s interior parts or perhaps, lighting might be imbalanced. This is more so if plenty of light is present on your home’s south-facing side and quite little on its opposite side.
Therefore, by incorporating a superior quality sliding glass doors rather than a wall or solid doors will benefit immensely. Natural sunshine can enter your home more freely.
Top ideas on sliding glass room dividers
You may assume the sliding glass interior door to be a see-through, movable wall. Then imagine the place where you can place them. Such doors when placed carefully can help unite as well as divide rooms. Countless ways can be used to use them strategically. They can connect or break up the living space as desired. Some of the top ideas are given below:
- Pair two parallel glass sliding doors: Seamless transition can be created by incorporating patio doors between outdoors and indoors. Running two parallel to one another can help open up more space in the home, thereby creating free-flowing space. This will allow sunshine to flood through the sliding glass door to reach even the corners of the rooms.
- Using sliding glass doors to separate the sunroom: The sunroom or three season room can be applied with similar concept. Sliding glass doors can be installed in the sunrooms while others may have thee window walls. The interior sliding glass door can be kept open in different seasons to access easily the sunroom. Be it excessively hot or cold, doors should be closed to preserve precious energy efficiency. It also helps maintain the sights while natural sunlight fills up the three season room.
- Private space to play or work: Constructing a bonus room in the basement or first floor will prove to be useful in various ways. You may use the door as a separator. Installing a handle will allow your bonus room to be converted into a private playroom for your kids. Thus, you can ensure that your children do not get hurt or injured as they play. You may also convert this room as your home office and effectively shut out noise.
- Divide the large room: You may use a single room for various purposes. However, partitioning an open, large room with lots of furniture will only make it appear clunky and crowded. It is likely to disrupt the flow. Using dividing sliding doors can help split this big room into two rooms, thereby creating natural separation.
If you are looking for elegant options, then multi-slide doors are the right choice. They can help derive a unique dining rooms carved from the open concept kitchen. Your floor plan also derives optimum flexibility. Close the room completely. Place just a couple of closed panels or simply tuck the doors within their pockets to derive fully open concept plan.
Interior slide door installation
When solving design problems, you should come with some innovative thinking. Standard sliding glass door styles can be a wonderful choice. You may also consider availing professional opinion as well as installation. Several considerations are to be made for how and where to place the sliding glass door within the home. For instance, most walls are found to be load-bearing. This limits the interior sliding door placement and size. It is important to ensure that the door and wall offers your home’s structure with essential support. This may however, limit your available options.
Choose the sliding glass room divider wisely and make sure to get it installed by certified professionals to derive the benefits.