There are several reasons for increasing popularity of glass office cubicles. Traditional office designs are noticed to be slowly fading away into history as entrepreneurs these days prefer fresh designs. They are more eager to experiment with bold things such as glass to promote more transparency at the workplace. The latest technology involving glass partitioning system, sliding glass walls and LCD privacy class are gaining prominence. Modern offices are found to lay emphasis more on collaboration than isolation. It also encourages natural light against those dreary fluorescents. Divided floors are giving way to open concept plans.
What benefits are derived by installing glass office cubicles?
Offices can now integrate the modern trends within their design with the installation of glass office partitions for conference rooms and cubicles. They do offer myriads of benefits concerning designing standpoint as well as to increase employee satisfaction and productivity.
• Flexible configurations: Most glass cubicle partitions are designed to be dismantled easily and effortlessly. This means, it is possible to reconfigure or remove them quickly as and when required without incurring additional costs. With employees and offices require desiring change, it does make complete sense to create an environment that can be changed occasionally. The modern office is one that allows greater flexibility. It should open up the area to accommodate large gatherings or fit a small group thereby providing private space. On the other hand, traditional cubic walls once installed, it is not possible to reconfigure them based on the needs. Moreover, their installation is quite expensive.
• Modern design options: The modern office should be customized to perfection and to meet specific requirements. Such feeling can be derived by installing glass cubicle partitions. They tend to create an open space, thereby encouraging better collaboration while allowing private spaces. But traditional cubicles only encourage isolation. The environment here rather inhibits collaboration as strict boundaries are created between the cubicle walls. By contrast, glass cubicles tend to develop an open flow, thereby allowing unrestricted view of the office. Glass cubicles are known to offer users with almost limitless options. It is virtually possible to install the freestanding systems just about anywhere without any difficulty. Frameless systems do help to create that modern look that cannot be otherwise derived from traditional framing materials. Flexibility is derived with modular systems since it is possible to reconfigure or install them quickly. Easy entry/exist can be derived with sliding glass walls. It also allows creation of larger space as and when desired. Most of them can also be demounted when required without having to spend a fortune on remodels or wasting precious time. Such options present allow easy and quick design customization to meet specific office and space requirements. Glass cubicles also are available with doors. For additional privacy, it may be provided with wood doors or other viable door options. It includes barn doors meant for the modern farmhouse touch as well as to provide easy access. For low maintenance option, it will be wise to choose automatic or assisted close doors. They also allow convenient entry/exit from the cubicle. For sleek option, choose pocket doors. They are an amazing selection for offices having premium space.
• Enhanced creativity: Typically, traditional office cubicles are gray or tan in color, thereby providing that drab environment, thereby reducing creativity and excitement. But glass office cubicles when installed are bright and vibrant. They help develop highly creative environment. When glass cubicles are concerned, there are custom designs to select form. They reflect brand values while allowing light to penetrate through the glass, thus promoting an aesthetically pleasing environment. Such places also encourage collaboration and creativity, something crucial to boost employee productivity and morale.
• Sustainable: It is quite obvious to have LEED credits in mind while trying to design a new, sustainable office. It is possible to earn LEED credits in different ways. One effortless way is to introduce daylight all over the office space. But natural light flow is hindered in traditional office cubicles. This means, employees working will not be able to get a glimpse of the outside world. Moreover, even light will not pass through the exterior windows, thus creating a dull, gloomy place. But glass cubicles are just the opposite. They promote natural light flow right into the office middle through external edges. LEED credits can be derived by allowing daylight to connect with employees. At the same time, it is possible to create a beneficial space to enhance employee overall well-being and mental health. Glass office installations have the potentiality to reduce significantly electricity costs. The reason is it allows flow of natural light, thereby not requiring artificial lighting and warming the place during cooler months. Glass cubicles enhance office flexibility, employee sustainability, productivity and mental health. This is irrespective of the chosen designs.
• Supports culture of collaboration: Employees are required to find out if their colleagues are present or not to derive support. This is what is experienced in the workplace that has installed traditional office cubicles. But glass cubicles are more open and allow everyone to view inside the cubicle effortlessly. This kind of environment promotes easy connect of employees with their colleagues, even as they work. Such unobstructed view permits employees to view if their colleagues are free to take in ideas, suggestions or questions. This particular culture does benefit the entire office and increases overall work productivity. Moreover, employees can be expected to have high morale all the time as they are confident of getting support whenever required. Increased interaction supported by glass cubicles helps develop a strong work culture, thus allowing free flow of valuable ideas.
• Creates a bold statement: It is crucial to create a visual statement right from the time clients and employees walks into the office. Such environment influences their mind positively, thereby developing a strong connection between clients, employees and the company.
To conclude – installing glass office cubicles at the workplace is indeed a viable and affordable option. They are flexible and sustainable, thereby creating an environment that can be easily changed as per circumstances and needs. It also creates an appealing visual statement while promoting creativity.